Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer Update: Canada

For the first time in a few years, I went up to Canada for good reasons. I hung out leisurely, made fun plans, caught up with friends and didn't have a nagging, sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that reality would eventually catch up with me and i would go back to worrying and processing and all of that. so needless to say it was a great time, and left me with a kind of feeling like you get when you finally book a massage, remember how awesome you feel and wonder why you don't do it more often.
it was fabulous. everyone was so smiley and happy and excited, and i needed the visit. i need to be around the overly polite, i need good chicken wings and swiss chalet and cute accents things taking much longer than they should but people still patiently wait. it was also very sweet of them to let me in the country with a canadian passport even though i have an 'intense southern accent' now apparently.

I stayed with Dee, had a ton of fun with her reconnecting and got to see enough of friends and family to make it feel like a great span of time. i miss you, canada! here are some pictures:








Love them!


2 comments:

11 Letters said...

so glad you have updated your blog. i really appreciate that you chose the most flattering picture you could find of me. much love.

Michael said...

"only other white gurl present" hahaha thats awesume. yo.